Sunday, July 15, 2012

Changes, they are a comin'

Where to start? First, I didn't get the uber awesome design team spot. Darn it! I tried! I know I don't have a lot on the blog yet, so it was a long shot....After lots of thought, I've realized I just need to work more. Actually...I've thought a lot recently about what I want and what I want to do. I've come up with some ideas and so me goals and I thought I'd share them with y'all. Well, that and get them down on "paper" and maybe get some feedback.

Goals: Part {one} 

1} I *NEED* to use the camera more. Like every day. 
    {I also really want a new lens. Maybe that 50mm one to start with, but definitely a better zoom or telephoto lens before softball/baseball season starts next year. The "stock" one that came with my "pre-owned" Canon isn't the greatest.}

2} I want to learn to sew. Like seriously sew. Like make the clothes *I* want to wear. (And make cute things for the boy. He's growing so much I have to buy shirts 2 sizes too big to get length!)
    {I am getting a "new to me" sewing machine next weekend. It's a Brother HS-1000 that was only $50. My MiL said it was a good one and would be good to learn on. I'm excited. I want it tomorrow, but I must be patient.}

3} I *NEED* to organize and "clean sweep" my entire house. We've moved so much that there's a ton of stuff we haven't used in the year we've been here. It's time to go through it. It's time to get rid of it. My building is stunningly beautiful. I want my home to match.

4} Which leads us into, I want new furniture. Not just any old, hand me down furniture. We got a flat screen TV (finally!) and it's sitting on my coffee table because I HATE every stupid "media center" on the market. And I refuse to pay $600 for the one I like.
     {And I refuse to pay $120 for the ladder shelf I want...and I want TWO of them!) Nope, we have the woodworking room downstairs. I was great in wood shop in middle and high school. I'm going to build what I want. And I'm going to build it cheaper than I could have paid for it. (I'm working on figuring out how to get a stash of reclaimed/salvaged wood...any ideas?}

5} I need to realize that not everything happens over night. I won't get what I want right away, but I need to learn to be patient. This is going to be my hardest goal. I have no patience. I never have. I probably never will, but I'll at least attempt to fake it while inside I'm bouncing up and down like a 2 year old!

6} And lastly - I want to organize my time better. I want to have time every day to craft or sew, to make dinner, to spend with the man and the boy, to work, to try to get my Scentsy business off the ground so I can quit my "day job" and have more time to spend with my family.

There are so many things that I want to do that I don't know where to start. I'm so overwhelmed right now. And to make matters worse, I have to actually work next week! (LOL Yup, in the smack dab middle of summer break, I have a week to work!) But I volunteered to be a "Crew Leader" at VBS this year. I mean, I'm one of the few staff of Kids Klub that's not working summer "kamp" so it's one way of getting to see the kids before school starts. The mini gets to go to VBS this year, now that he's 5!

Anyway...I think that's about it for now!! Thanks for listening to me ramble!

2 comments:

kenna said...

Get the 50mm. It will change your life!

creative.chaos said...

It's been on my wishlist since I got the camera for my birthday. I'm thinking it's the right time to get it and start practicing more...and to stop being afraid of not being good enough. (I've secretly always envied your photography skills!)