Sunday, July 29, 2012

Dresser for Dresser Swap

Here's the dresser I made for the July dresser swap here on LSH. I love it so much that I'm having a hard time parting with it! LOL (I'm glad I have enough paper and trim to make myself an identical one!)

 What I did different than the first one I made:

  • I created the files in Illustrator and turned them into SVG's to cut on my Cricut. Made it so much easier to square everything up and have things go together perfectly. I even included score lines so I knew where to fold. 
  • I lined the inside of the drawers and used white gesso for the inside of the top part and the outside of the drawers to hide the cereal box I was using. (Okay, frozen pizza box from the most amazing chicken alfredo pizza!) 


 Supplies used: 

  • Papers by K & Co and Recollections. (Cream paper is K & Co and turquoise paper is Recollections.) 
  • Brown seam binding 
  • Wavy trim from Michael's $1 bin Cream ribbon from Michael's (don't remember the brand) 
  • "Feet" are from the $1 store "table scatters" I found a few months ago and match the blue perfectly! 
  • Metal studs for my iRock 
  • Vintage Photo Distress Ink








No comments: